The following Booking Conditions contain important information, so it is essential that you carefully read and understand them. They form your contract with Explore Ireland Tours and set out the basis of your legally binding relationship with us.
- This contract is between the company Explore Ireland Tours (hereinafter called ‘Explore’, ‘the company’ or ‘we’) and the client (hereinafter called ‘the client’ and ‘you’), being any person travelling or intending to travel on a tour operated by Explore including any person who is added or substituted after the initial booking.
- The contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which we both agree are governed by Irish law (and no other) and under the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts (only).
- The terms and conditions herein contain the contract between Explore Ireland Tours and the client. No representative of Explore other than a director has authority to vary or omit any of these terms. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement, conversation or promise of a discount or refund will be binding on us unless confirmed by Explore Ireland Tours in writing.
Booking & Payment
- When you make a booking, you guarantee that you are at least 17 years old and have the authority to accept and do accept the booking conditions on behalf of your party. No member of your party maybe under the age of 14 years of age, as our current tour does not carry bikes suitable for children.
- A booking is accepted by Explore Ireland Tours only when we or our agents have received payment in full. A Contract then exists, only when we or our agents issue confirmation of your booking. The Contract for sale is thereby concluded in Ireland and governed by Irish law. Accepting a booking is at our discretion.
- It is your responsibility to check your confirmation invoice, travel documents and travel dates carefully and inform us your travel agent in the event of any errors.
- When you book with Explore Ireland Tours, you must pay a minimum deposit 15% of your total holiday cost, whichever is greater.
- All monies due must be paid to us no later than 60 days before tour departure. If you do not pay the balance by the due date your booking will be cancelled and you will forfeit your deposit.
- Whilst every effort will be made, Explore Ireland Tours cannot guarantee that clients who book within 4 weeks of the tour will be accommodated in the same hotels as the remainder of the group.
- Please note that all payments made on a credit card (whether deposits, part payments or final balances) will be subject to a levy of 2% (inc. VAT).
- Payment may be made by any of the following methods: Visa and MasterCard. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account at the point in which the request for a booking made. You confirm that the credit or debit card being yours and yours only. Please note that all credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the issuer of the card. If the issuer of the card does not for any reason authorise payment to Explore Ireland Tours, we will not be liable for any delays incurred as a result thereof.
Changes and cancellation by you...
- Changes and cancellations must be set out in writing, to Explore Ireland Tours, at least 60 days before the departure.
- If, after our confirmation has been issued, you wish make a change to your existing booking, we will we will do our upmost to make these changes, but it may not always be possible. We will charge an amendment fee of a minimum of €60 per person for each change. Permitting changes to a booking is at our discretion.
- Any alteration, whether a change to an existing booking or another tour or departure date will be subject to payment by you of any costs imposed by any of our suppliers providing the component parts of the tour.
- Tickets are only valid for travel by the person to whom the ticket was issued. Tickets are not transferable under any circumstance.
- We may request you to present at any time to an Explore Ireland Tours representative, your ticket to travel and valid photo identification.
- Any alteration by you within 60 days of your tour date will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and will be subject to the cancelation changes set out in the table below.
- More than 60 days (Booking deposit of €120pp) applies, plus any additional charges we have incurred.
- Between 60 and 42 days 50%
- Between 41 and 22 days 65%
- Between 21 and 14 days 80%
- Under 14 days or failure to meet you tour at designated pick up point on time 100%
- If the reason for the client’s cancellation or missed departure is covered by the client’s insurance policy, the client may be able to make a claim under that policy.
Changes and cancellation by us...
- Explore Ireland Tours will do its best to operate all tours as advertised, but before you enter into a contract with Explore Ireland Tours, you must note that we reserve the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary wholly or partly as advertised on our website or brochure either before or after your booking is confirmed . We may change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochures or website in any circumstances.
- Most changes are minor, such as an accommodation change. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, the Company will inform the client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before departure. You will have the choice of accepting the change, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available, or obtaining a full refund.
- We strongly advise you not to book any connecting travel that is non-refundable or non-changeable or incurs penalties. We will not be liable to refund any incidental costs incurred travel arrangements in the case of a cancelled tour departure.
- In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to "force majeure” or to change or terminate your tour after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result. In these conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
- We do not guarantee that any optional activity or excursion mentioned in our brochure, on our website or as advertised by our tour representative, will be available to book during your tour and / or will operate as advertised as these services do not form part of our contract and are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such activity or excursion or if the activity or excursion does not operate as advertised.
- Accommodation changes can apply to a 50 mile radius of the advertised overnight stop.
- Explore Ireland Tours reserves the right to discount the price of any of our tours. The final price payable by the client will be confirmed before the client makes a booking.
Travel Insurance & Regulations
- Your personal safety is of paramount importance to us and therefore it is imperative that you advise us at the time of booking of any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your (or any of your party) or other people’s enjoyment of the trip.
- The price of your tour does not cover travel insurance.
- Adequate and valid travel insurance is mandatory for all clients while on an Explore Ireland Tour. You are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability before you travel. You are also advised that you have sufficient insurance in respect of any additional active/adventure activities you plan to partake in whilst on tour and for dependent relatives travelling with you.
- We also recommend your travel insurance covers cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
- You must carry proof of insurance with you and produce it if reasonably requested by the company’s employees or suppliers. Explore reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of your tour, with no right of refund, if you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
- We will request that you provide us with the name of your insurance company and their emergency assistance telephone number.
- Explore requires that all clients must observe the laws and regulations of the countries visited, including customs and foreign exchange regulations. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the remainder of the tour with no refund.
- It is also your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport and the necessary visas and vaccinations to apply with all applicable laws in the countries you will visit on tour.
Bikes, Equipment & Activities
- Before entering into this contract the client agrees to have read and understood the rules of biking and walking safety.
- It is a term of this contract that the client agrees release of liability, waiver and discharge Explore Ireland Tours for, its agents and employees from liability to the client, heirs, legal representatives and assigns for any and all loss or damage on account of injury to my persons or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while participating on tour. The client assumes full responsibility for the risk of bodily injury, death or property damage while participating on the tour.
- The biking equipment including all accessories supplied is provide on an inclusive hire basis and remains the property of the Explore Ireland Tours and the Client will not sell, hire out or otherwise part with the possessions thereof.
- The Client undertakes not to misuse the equipment and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as when received (ordinary wear and tear accepted). The company shall be entitled to charge the client for any damages caused to equipment during the period of hire.
- In event of a breakdown, other than a result of the Clients misuse, the company will use its best endeavours to repair or procure repair of the equipment. Explore Ireland Tours will not be liable for any damage or loss whatsoever, through breakdown or other defect in the equipment or other circumstances beyond the company’s control.
- The Client shall indemnify the company with respect to all costs, claims, expenses and demands suffered or incurred which arise directly or indirectly out of the use of the equipment during the period of hire. The company reserves the right to charge the client for partial or full settlement of any claim.
- In the event of the equipment being stolen or lost, the company reserves the right to call upon the client to indemnify the company the replacement of the equipment. However, should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition, the company undertakes to refund the clients indemnity within 14 days.
- The Client will ensure that the equipment is adequately secured when not in use, will not use the equipment whilst under the influence of drink or drugs and will immediately notify the company in the event of breakdown or loss of equipment.
- Should clients bringing their own bike, they do so with the understanding that their equipment is in a suitable condition for participation in this style of tour and road conditions in Ireland. It is essential that a client obtains the full permission for the carriage of a bike from the Explore office where a charge will be made by Explore Ireland Tours for the handling of any bike equipment.
- Responsibility for maintenance of bicycles brought by clients rests with the client. The company will do our best to accommodate such clients and equipment, but cannot guarantee that correct tools and spares or skill will be available.
- The hotel arrangements referred to in the brochure are provided independently by third party suppliers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts undertaken directly between you and the third party supplier. All such arrangements are made independently of Explore Ireland Tours, regardless of any help and assistance which we may provide in securing such arrangements.
- The optional activities and optional excursions referred to in the brochure, website or by our representatives are provided independently by third party operators and outdoor pursuits providers who are entirely independent of us. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. We accept no liability in respect of any incident arising in respect of these said activities.
- Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts undertaken directly between you and the third party activity and outdoor pursuit’s provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Explore Ireland Tours, regardless of any help and assistance which we may provide in securing such arrangements.
- If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your package travel arrangements, we will at our discretion offer advice, guidance and assistance. Such advice, guidance or assistance is not to be deemed in any way as a form of admission or liability.
- Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings.
Authority of the Explore Representative
- At all times the decision of the Explore guide or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip.
- It is a condition of booking that the client must comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Explore representative. This includes any decision that the Explore representative makes about your on-going participation in the trip or certain activities that comprise part of the trip. If the client does not comply with a decision made by an Explore representative, or interferes with the well-being of the group, then the Explore representative reserves the right to terminate this contract and exclude the client from the remainder of the tour.
- Explore will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by the client.
- Explore cannot accept responsibility for the behaviour of other passengers on the tour or the amendment of tour activities as a result.
- Whilst Explore Ireland Tours may offer to help you make domestic travel arrangements to/from the point of commencement /conclusion of the tour we accept absolutely no obligation to do so or liability for your carriage by other service providers.
- The client is fully responsible for all travel costs in getting to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
- Please note that any timings of transport providers are estimates only which may be affected by operational difficulties or weather conditions. We do not make any alternate arrangements should there be a delay in your transport at the commencement/conclusion of your tour.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are at the designated collection point at the designated time. In the case of missed collection the company will not be held responsible.
- In the case of missed departure any additional charges incurred by the client to catch up with the scheduled tour will be the client’s responsibility even where the situation is out of the client’s control such as late transport connections. Explore will not be held liable for any additional costs in your connecting with the tour at another point nor will any refund be paid for any missed portion of the tour under any circumstance.
- All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
- This brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit any transport provider, airline or carrier as mentioned herein or any transport provider or airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
- If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform your local representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If you are not happy with their action in response you should notify our office in Galway immediately and we shall endeavour to resolve the problem promptly.
- It is strongly suggested that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as to our representatives without delay.
- If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint during your holiday and this may affect your rights under this contract.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved on tour you should notify the Explore Ireland Tours in writing within 28 days thereof to have your complain investigated further.
- You agree that Explore may take photographs and films of you during the tour and use those images for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose, without obtain further consent or compensation you.
- Under no circumstances can Explore Ireland tours be held responsible for adverse weather conditions.
- All Explore Tours are operated by Explore Ireland Tours, Derryloughaun, Spiddal, Co. Galway, Ireland. Registered in Ireland No: 421041
- These Terms and Conditions were published on 1st December 2010 and apply to all tours operated by Explore Ireland Tours. These conditions will be superseded by any subsequent editions.